Duties include, but are not limited to:
Greeting visitors, gallery admissions, updating databases and websites, artist and project research, promoting exhibitions, membership processing, installing exhibitions, art handling and cataloging.
• Applicants making a minimum commitment of 18 hours per week for a full year will be considered first.
• Ability to perform administrative functions with accuracy and efficiency, answer phones and provide
customer service to gallery visitors.
• General computer skills and familiarity with Macs. Proficiency with Adobe softwares (Photoshop, In Design,
Illustrator, Dreamweaver) are a plus.
• Writing, editing and proof-reading skills
• Internship is unpaid, college credit is offered with cooperation of school officials.
Work hours are generally 10am-5pm and during some evening hours during special events. Different schedules can be accommodated for interns making a significant commitment to RoCo.
RoCo interns get real life experience in what is often a fast-paced and exciting work environment. Interns are involved with all aspects of running and growing a vibrant and active arts organization. Those making a significant commitment to RoCo will have opportunities to grow and develop and manage new projects.
Interns have come to us from several regional and national institutions and have gone on to graduate schools and successful careers at arts & cultural institutions.
Please send your resume, availability and a brief statement of interest:
RoCo Internship Program
137 East Avenue
Rochester, NY 14604
tel: (585) 461-2222
fax: (585) 461-2223
email inquiries and applications to:
bleu (at) rochestercontemporary (dot) org